Sunday, July 24, 2011

Success!

Hee! So I mentioned that one of the TA's names is Hana, and she likes Doctor Who. I've been wanting to spend more time hanging out with people who really live here, and a Korean girl only a few years younger than me who also likes Doctor Who is exactly my speed. The director of the program has come out with us, and toured the Korean Folk Village with us, and has had meals with us, but he's sort of our boss, and also he's my parents' age. Some of the other teachers have gone out to parties, but I'm not a huge fan of dance clubs in the states, so I've been hesitant to go along.

But Hana and I were talking after the opening ceremony yesterday, and she asked what I was doing after I left, even though she had work all evening. So I gave her my email, and we decided we should hang out some night, because I guess nerds need to stick together. She said she tutors until 11 pm half the week, and that's on top of her responsibilities as TA/camp counselor for the KAIST program. But I had an email when I got up this morning, saying which days she was free, if we wanted to go get dinner. And she ended with "let's make an appointment for a fantastic and joyful memory in Korea." So cute.

I made a Korean friend!

No comments:

Post a Comment